Saturday, July 22, 2006

Can Water Go Stale?

Last night, Ron and I were sitting by the bar with our backs leaned against the edge. 5 whiskies and 2 wines later, I turned to catch the bartender’s attention.

Ron:
Want another one?

Me:
Not for awhile man.. Hooooo! I need water..
Excuse me, could I get a glass of water?
(5 seconds later, the glass was filled. But the bartender placed it directly in front of the person sitting next to me. Geez.. I swiped it and took a big gulp.)

Me:
Hmmmm…

Ron:
What’s wrong?

Me:
This water tastes ba…..d. (crinkling up my nose as I smelt it)

Ron:
What do you mean bad?

Me:
I don’t know… something’s off, Ron.. Maybe the glass was dirty. It tastes stale.. Argh fuck it, I’m drunk, and I’m fucking thirsty.
(gulp, gulp, gulp..)
Shit man, that was gross. I think there is something seriously wrong with it.
(looking annoyed)
There’s still a sip left. Smell it?

Bartender:
Excuse me miss?

Me:
Yeah?

Bartender:
That wasn’t yours.

Me:
Huh? Oh, but it’s JUST water..

Bartender:
That was vodka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home