Bus Cuss

How long does it take to clip your toenails? Strangely enough, some people can’t seem to find the time to do it at home, they have to do it on the bus. Well, what I saw a few days ago beats this. It was disgusting. But I just couldn’t turn away.

Picture this: Opposite aisle. attractive Chinese girl, 20s, rested her bare dirt-crusted feet on the seat in front of her. It was one of those seats which were facing each other. As my gaze drifted from her mould-like dull-green polished toe nails, to her face, I noticed she was cupping her mouth periodically. After a few seconds I realized what she was doing. She dug her ears, pulled her pinkie out, admired the gunk, played around with the flakes using the rest of her fingers, lifted her hands to her face.... and sniffed! This went on and on and on… She turned to look at me a few times when she noticed I was staring. But she nonchalantly continued with the clean up process. Her stop was one before mine. When she stood up, I immediately tilted my head to the other side, afraid that somehow, the residue might just make its way directly onto my face.

Everyone gets the natural build up of ear wax. But for fuck’s sake, have the decency to inhale it at home. Suddenly, public toenail clipping doesn’t seem so uncouth.

2 Comments:
Second that. Such personal hygiene cleaning acts should be done out of public view. Witnessed such acts in the train. Really disgusting. Some brave soul should have flash a big mirror in front of them.
yewo. thats shite i tell you
Post a Comment
<< Home